Unfortunately, headaches are one of the most often misdiagnosed (and under-diagnosed) ailments. We don’t treat headaches lightly – we treat them. When you come to Chiropractic Plus to help alleviate your headaches, our first step is to find the root of the issue. We perform a detailed assessment to figure out what’s going on, and then determine how to manage your individualized care.
Here are some of the many underlying causes of headaches:
- Over exertion at the computer (eye strain and posture, in particular)
- Issues with the spine or nervous system
- Associated stiffness in your neck, back, and shoulders
- Chemical imbalances, dehydration, nutritional deficiencies
- Poor diet and unhealthy diet choices
- Vision issues and impairments
- Sinus issues
- Stress and/or sleep problems
- Chronic diseases (like diabetes)
- Whiplash and other injuries
- In rare cases, headaches can indicate something more serious (like a brain tumor)
There has been a disturbing increase in the reported cases of chronic migraine headaches. It’s very difficult to carry on with your daily routine when suffering a migraine – or any headache. Severe cases may even require hospitalization. But whether you suffer from migraines or other types of headaches (they may come on suddenly, come and go, or you’ve suffered from them for a number of years), we want to help.
The use of medication can have a minimal effect on the headache, but it can carry the very real risk of unnecessary side effects. Moreover, medication only treats the symptom. When we use our blended approach with chiropractic and physical therapies plus education and lifestyle changes, we go after the cause of the headaches to promote improvements in your condition.
For assessment, treatment, and prevention that promotes decreased pain quickly and improved health in the long-term, call Chiropractic Plus today at 678-610-7587.